Fidya & Kaffarah
A mandatory contribution to charity in order to make up for missed or broken fasts.
- Fidya is paid for deliberately missing a fast with a valid reason to do so
- For each missed fast, one must provide two meals to a poor person which is £5
- If someone misses all the fasts of Ramadan, they would need to pay £150
- Kaffarah is paid for deliberately missing or breaking a fast without a valid reason
- You must either fast for 60 consecutive days or provide 60 people with a meal
- Kaffarah for missing fast one day is £300